Sometimes the user does not even know the goal. In that case communicating the problem clearly is already half the solution.
https://www.blindshell.com/us/eshop/blindshell-classic-3-us
I just found this phone, the price is obviously ridiculous for someone who doesnāt need accessibility, but I think the design is very cool.
The classic Casio watch, with a custom board and firmware, adding features.
Does it run Android? ![]()
No, it uses a micro-controller, not anywhere near powerful enough for Android.
What would you even do with Android on a device with a segmented display?
Does anyone know why captcha exists, robots would do a better job than humans because they actually have the patients for it?
Verizon is down for me, anyone else?
Just snagged one of these:
You can run Linux on it in one of two ways, mrchromebox.tech (requires $7ish dollar dongle to disable write protect), or submarine (you can Google).
You can run Windows on it as well. Drivers needed for audio and usb4 are paid from coolstar.org
Technically a t14 gen 1 Ryzen 7 4750u is better multicore, but this screen (3:2 - 2256 x 1504) and form factor (and itās better single core as well)! Besides for the fact that it already comes with 32gb RAM, and at that price.
This seller on eBay is:
Really good deal for the hardware. Just a little work.
M2 is replacable
There is an Excel world championship!
Never knew about this and saw a couple of videos of it and is kinda interesting.
Got the laptop, feels really premium, screen is a bit glary in the light, will buy some sorta anti glare screen protector if it bothers me too much.
Got everything (besides one of two things Iām not sure I care about) working on Ubuntu 26.04. if anybody actually buys it Iād be happy to help. You can install Windows as well but need to pay for some drivers.
Keep in mind one thing though, itās a battery lottery, mine came at 78%.
There are better options if you want more raw power too, but I considered all of that before I bought it. Great for me.
User forwarded email thet her email archive is full. I connect to exchange powershell to enable auto expanding archive and I get error that the archive is not on at all. I wondered how she could have an archive full without having it on in the first place.
Thatās when I noticed that the email that she forwarded was a spam email. The funny part is that I did not even notice it right away and I was the person that set up weekly Phishing/Spam email training for that company. I literally set up that they will get these emails and I myself fell for it.
I am in shock, I had to process a warranty on a dell computer and got approval for a new motherboard in literally 5 minutes. It was so smooth.
Transcript
System: Welcome. My name is Jasmini, and Iāll be assisting you today. Please allow me a moment to review your request details.
Jasmini S: Hello, how are you doing today?
[Me]: Hi, we are an IT company and one of our computers has an issue. The computer keeps on crashing and after testing it seems that whenever there is RAM in slot 1 the computer wonāt boot.
Jasmini S: I understand your concern. Letās work together to reach a resolution.
[Me]: We tested both RAM sticks in slot 2 and it works fine then, but the second that I put RAM into slot 1 I get 2 yellow lights and 3 or 4 white light blinks.
[Me]: Now after a day of just using one 8GB RAM stick the computer froze again and had to force reboot.
Jasmini S: So the system is displaying 2 amber 3 white POST code if RAM is installed in slot 1, is that correct?
[Me]: Yes, and sometimes 4 white. Now after a force reboot I was able to log in. Currently there is an 8GB RAM in slot 2 instead of 1 in each.
Jasmini S: I appreciate you taking time and running troubleshooting steps and helping us isolate the point of failure in the system. Can you please help me confirm a few details?
[Me]: Sure.
Jasmini S: Can you confirm that the system you need support with is Dell Pro Slim QCS1250 with Service Tag: [REDACTED]?
[Me]: Yes, the serial is correct.
Jasmini S: Could you please tell me which country you have initiated the chat from?
[Me]: US.
[Me]: I did a hardware check in the morning and all of it passed. But I was only able to do the test without RAM in slot 1. When there is RAM in slot 1 the computer does not POST at all.
Jasmini S: If I understand correctly, if we install the RAM in slot 1 system is unable to boot. Have you tried hard reset and RTC reset?
[Me]: I did unplug power and remove the battery as well to fully remove the power.
Jasmini S: Is there any physical damage reported to the system?
[Me]: None.
Jasmini S: Let me check the details for you. Allow me 2 to 3 minutes.
[Me]: Alright.
Jasmini S: Iām actually getting approval from the dispatch review team.
Jasmini S: Just to confirm, both slots have 8GB RAM and only one slot is failing, is that correct?
[Me]: Correct. Both RAM sticks came with the computer. If any of the RAM sticks are in slot 1, the computer wonāt boot. There is RAM in slot 2 now.
Jasmini S: Can you please share the PPID/serial number mentioned on the RAM itself?
[Me]: [Attached image of removed RAM stick]
Jasmini S: Thatās perfect. Thank you. We will be replacing the Motherboard. Do you prefer to replace the part on your own or shall I set up the onsite service?
[Me]: I would prefer a service call.
Jasmini S: I will go ahead and schedule your dispatch for an onsite technician. For reference, your Service Request/Case # is [REDACTED]. I will send an email with the repair details.
[Me]: Thank you!
Jasmini S: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
We all know, itās always DNS, or cache.
But when both hit you at once, and you didnāt do any basic troubleshooting in a while, you get stuck.
And that happened to me yesterday. After a server migration from on premises to cloud, new lets encrypt certificate, and forcing https, got it to work.
Next, I switched cloudflare from DNS only, to proxied. after I first got 525 SSL handshake failed error, I turned off proxy, but now that I had secure connection direct, I turned it back on.
And the problems began.
Getting a red not secure in the browser, then the browser asking me if Iām sure I want to proceed on every click, and I saw the certificate was a cloudflare origin certificate. Pointing that the error is cloudflare.
So I turned back off cloudflare proxy, but still had unsafe.
So I ran nslookup to see if I get cloudflare IP, or my server IP.
And, sub.domain.tld resolves to:
192.168.1.5
And everything suddenly makes sense..
I was working on Wi-Fi, and plugged the Ethernet port to the router of the old server (physically segregated network) to log in to the old server to check something in there, and forgot to clear the local DNS entry that pointed to the on-prem serverā¦
Removed the DNS entry, but, still not resolving correctlyā¦
So, after another minute of thinking where we go from here, I just did ipconfig /flushdns, and fair enough, it worked right away..
And turned proxy back on, with no issuesā¦
Oh, but AI will keep track of another unresolved issue I had, since I donāt share with it when something is workingā¦
2 things that I love the most. One is instantly diagnosing an issue even before the client finishes talking.
Second is unique issues that have a simple fix. Sometimes you are so focused on one thing when the fix is so simple.
Yeah all the time - when I make a new domain Its just a stale DNS on my local router lol
Does anyone know why this topic is not appearing on the main page?
Yeaaaah!!!
Could we get this judge an AG position and going after a bunch of other monopolies?
Start with Google Play Services, Google Play Integrity, Android Auto, Windows APIs, and a lot more that isnāt coming to mind at the moment.
Hereās why you NEVER run Claude code (or any coding agent for that matter) with bypass permissions on real hardware if you donāt want to wipe your system
mkdir -p "$TDIR"
rm -rf "$TDIR"/* "$TDIR"/sub 2>/dev/null
The issue is that $TDIR in this case points to the output of ls which will be empty in this case, causing mkdir -p to fail and rm command to execute rm -rf /* !!! This wonāt even be stopped by gnu rm --no-preserve-root flag requirement because the shell expands * before it gets executed. This will delete a LOT. (Not everything cuz in this case it was run without root but everything accessable which is a ton)
True it isnāt common for AI to do such stupidity, but you donāt want to lose everything when it does. Just read half quoted variable expansions, commands that you donāt recognize etc.
Maybe gentech should make a pi-hole like solution, installable on any homelab? The real question is, would it implement mere DNS filtering (meh), or an actual content proxy, which requires some sort of certificate trickery?
Probably has already been mentioned, but is worth mentioning again.
For all those who use Windows 11 but hate MicroSlop and would like to debloat:

