Sonim Xp3+ 5G (X320) Master thread

install apps directly from sonim phone. no root required!!

Sorry, but the Xp3Plus 5G can install all apps without ADB or root.

3 Likes

https://github.com/JoanOfHill/SonimXP3plus5G-Automated-Setup

Bell (the Canadian carrier) is now selling the Sonim XP3+ 5G Here

Don’t buy it.

At all or just by them?

At all.

You seem to be pretty against this phone :sweat_smile:

Why?

.

Unresponsive buttons: Very common on flip phones and already have that right now :downcast_face_with_sweat:

Weirdly shaped screen: LG exalt has this problem too but it only looks weird in apps

So get flip phones that dont have this problem, like the other Sonim phones, Kyoceras, and the TCL Flip 2.

The LG Classic is dead, and was always a piece of trash designed to self destruct.

I was talking about the Exalt not classic, (classic doesn’t have that problem) and your right, it is kinda trash (the classic) until you see the real trash flip phones released after the classic (Example: All TCL flips including 2)

1 Like

I’ve used this phone for a while now and here’s what I want to say about it

Has great stock apps, about 20GB usable internal storage (record breaking for a flip phone). GIF’s work (important for me). Its about the same height as the LG vn220 both open and closed with the Sonim being a bit taller

The screen looks excellent, its more then bright enough and clear like the schok classic. Apks work, I tested google maps and waze, google maps (any google app actually) gave me issues while waze, weather, KCO mouse and a few other apps did work great. The settings app is by far the best there has ever been on a flip phone. The quick settings on the main screen is also very useful

The network/carrier whatever you want to call it stuff

Its eSIM. Calls, text messages, MMS, great :+1:

And for the carriers, lots of people say sonim phones don’t work with carriers outside the carriers it was bought from, I can prove it false (at least for the 5G version) I have the T-Mobile version it detected both a verizon SIM card and a at&t SIM card, and at&t even worked for calls, text, MMS, 5G, etc on this phone. Verizon of course didn’t work :upside_down_face: (yet).

Main issues

People weren’t joking when they said this phone has a massive keyboard issue, the keys don’t respond well at all when clicked fast but it doesn’t make the phone unusable for me really.

The stock messaging app doesn’t have a lot of features and message+ doesn’t work good on this phone either. No stock email app either. The sounds settings are work like totally garbage and especially the “sound profiles”.
I like this phone a lot but I hope they fix the massive issues it has but overall its a good phone

1 Like

Just like the older Sonim phones

That’s a pretty weird and annoying screen shape.

Like every other flip phone.

You can edit the sound profiles and create your own.

You have a xp3900 right? I think that’s why you don’t like the screen shape

Can you show me how?

I have the Xp3800, and I used to be annoyed with the sound profiles because I couldn’t go from silent to vibrate to ringer within one profile, until I realized you can make a custom profile. On my phone its Settings>Sound>Profile then click the options key and Create New. I don’t know if this one has the same setup.

I’m basically fine with the one from the XP3800, is this worse? If it is you can try the one from the XP3800

How did I not notice that?? :joy:

No I’m pretty sure its the same thing, I just want a mute conversation button that’s my issue really

It took a while for me to notice it, I’m on my 3rd xp3800. I wonder if it was not an option on the old software, because I’m pretty sure I looked.

Yea that’s one of the things its missing

Which regular dumb phone has that in their stock messaging app?

It’s not any worse than Kyocera’s, TCLs, and LG’s messaging apps.