Sonim Xp3+ 5G (X320) Master thread

Regular KCO or apps4flip doesn’t work?

Didn’t have a chance to try with ADB but I’m the phone settings when you try to enable accessibility for the app it says this setting is blocked for your security

on the xp5s the only one that worked was c9. try it.

oops. I didn’t have that. you’ll probably have to try adb then.

That’s why we got ADB :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:… ADB is a fundamental thing in a JTech users life… :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:…:joy::joy:

Ok sorry if this sounds stupid, I might delete this later…

2 Likes

DONT delete

1 Like

Got it, I won’t :winking_face_with_tongue:

1 Like

Ok after trying for a nice amount of time the sonim is only compatible with T-Mobile…. If anyone figures out how to use it with other carriers pls (att and Verizon) lmk….. @Dev-in-the-BM_2.0 ?

Can someone describe this phone? I really want to get it, but I have no clue what it is…

https://jtechforums.org/t/sonim-xp3-5g-dream-phone/1435/73

1 Like

Did you make sure its carrier unlocked? AT&T sells this phone so for anyone who uses AT&T, I think it just doesn’t have VoNR for whatever reason

Tried it with us Mobile Dark Star (att) didn’t work but honestly I didn’t really try much….

So you have the T-Mobile version? I’m wondering if changing some APN settings will get it to work with verizon or if it just works normally, but you weren’t clear if the phone you tried is carrier unlocked, is it unlocked?

In general I’ve found that Sonim phones have a different custom ROM from each network, and a version from one network might not work well with a different network, even if its unlocked.

Its unlocked i spoke to us mobile and they told me it’s only compatible with light speed (T-Mobile)

What is the point of the unlock option if it doesn’t even work…

So they could comply with the FCC and customers asking to unlock the phone, while modifying the ROM to make sure it won’t work well with other networks.

1 Like

I think the other networks like Verizon & AT&T are the issue… Also AT&T doesn’t have this on there list of approved phones yet

You can use a T-Mobile mvno….

1 Like

Anyone with the phone mind sharing the IMEI number?