shmoig
January 16, 2026, 2:47am
1
Hi i just rooted my phone with the neutron img and have access to adb because my tcl is on kefh. the regular adb commands to uninstall the browser aren’t working because there is no package called android.browser but is called something else. i tried uninstalling the browser package but it didnt work. i am sure this is because the phone is rooted can someone tell me how to remove the browser with adb i think this is a fairly simple question but haven’t found any info on the forum
thank you
ys770
January 16, 2026, 3:01am
2
The package name is org.chromium.chrome
And you can’t uninstall it, you can delete it from system, if I remember correctly, it’s in system/app/chromium/chromium.apk
shmoig
January 16, 2026, 4:12am
4
sorry really new over here how do i delete from system
ys770
January 16, 2026, 4:51am
5
adb shell su -c mount -o remount,rw / && rm -rf /system/app/chromium
Pretty sure thats the correct path, if it’s not run pm path org.chromium.chrome and delete that
But there’s no reason to rely on ADB to block browser, there are plenty of free MDMs.
ys770
January 16, 2026, 5:38am
7
If you delete it with root it’s a lot stronger then “blocking” it…
shmoig
January 16, 2026, 3:27pm
8
Getting this error
‘/dev/block/dm-2’ is read-only
‘rm’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file
Saw other post about making it read and write looks very complicated
I could use a MDM but want to remove the browser icon as well
I think a mdm would get rid of the icon as well.
Lucky patcher allows you to remove system apps maybe use that.
@shmoig did you see this thread?
I want to delete the browser permanently. I have the commands to do it (su mount -o rw,remount / rm -r /system/app/Chromium) but I believe it’s not working because it’s read only.
I tried adb shell su /vendor/bin/write_protect 0 reboot a few times and it didn’t work.
Credits to @FliphoneBochur for those commands.
shmoig
January 16, 2026, 6:35pm
12
i saw it but looks too complicated for me
at least do that and see if works
if not you will have do the guide in the above thread or reflash super.
ys770
January 16, 2026, 6:51pm
15
Forgot that part, run that and reboot first
shmoig
January 16, 2026, 6:57pm
18
when you say to reflash super is that another way or is that the way that is in the thread