I can’t talk for iPhone, but the difference between Gemini and Copilot is that Gemini is a good LLM, and was integrated well into Android and the apps it was added to.
Copilot is a bad LLM wrapper, isn’t well integrated into anything, just stuffed into where it doesn’t belong without even being useful, so when Microsoft makes a dedicated Copilot key when people already have a bad experience with Copilot, it just gets them upset.
Yes, I definitely agree. It’s nasty of them to force garbage into our start menus on our desktop and on our keyboard. But like, I also have to say I don’t hate Copilot. I use Microsoft Edge. It opens in Sidebar. It’s relevant to the tabs I have open. It’s everything that everybody loves about Comet Browser, just with a slightly dumber (FREE) AI. Yes, they forced this garbage on me- and yes I took it because it’s easier than resisting. Like I can go fight and uninstall it and then they’ll just put it back with the next update. I give up Microsoft, you win. (But I do remove all their garbage ads and homepage stuff that I really don’t want to see)