Right now I have my broken Fig.
I have a lot of important info on it that I need to get back.
I think it technically still powers on, but it has a swipe lock that can only be unlocked from the screen, which ripped off of it.
I dissected the phone until it was stripped down to the איברים שהנשמה תלויה בה.
This is what that looks like.
I’d like to short it into BROM, but I have no idea what I’m looking at or which pins are ground or test.
Can anybody help me?
2 Likes
I think the best way to recover the data is to send it to FIG for them to fix it
And then keep all the files on your phone in a SD card
ars18
December 22, 2025, 11:01pm
4
Just curious, even if you manage to pull userdata, won’t it be encrypted?
Can it be mounted?
I never tried…
ars18
December 22, 2025, 11:04pm
6
What screen connector does it have?
Yep I was gonna say that too
I think its worth the $100 to recovery important data and also get a fixed phone, no?
ars18
December 22, 2025, 11:05pm
9
Close up pic? Maybe we can find a screen for you
I don’t want a “fixed” Fig!
I want my data and any phone but a Fig.
5 Likes
Flippy
December 22, 2025, 11:33pm
11
Yes but you dont have to kill yourself just to NOT have a working Fig. Get an old working screen from someone, patch it up, and then demolish it in any way you see fit.
2 Likes
If you ever want internals photos you can do a look up with the FCC ID
Here is everything from fig
And here is an example from one phone
6278907.pdf (736.1 KB)
2 Likes
Anyone know of a way to recover a reset fig phone?
My friend reset his by mistake and has all of his contacts there…
Yoni’s said that if he leaves it there for 2 weeks then he might be able to recover it.
My first question to my friend was, “what is the issue your pictures are for sure saved on the sd and you also have a backup of your contacts as well….”
Turns out that he has neither…
Its a lot more complicated to restore it when its on a flip phone that’s for sure. It might be possible though
It gives you a lot of warnings before you reset it though, its not easy to “mistakenly” reset
1 Like
The mistake may have been letting his young daughter use it…
I am not sure how it got reset, I am wondering if it is possible to recover it or if someone ever recovered a fig.
He should’ve tried the FIG repair on 13th ave first since they made the phone (Unless he already did)
ChatGPT says its very unlikely you can get back your files from a reset
1 Like
Reb chatgpt doesn’t know much about figs
1 Like
Flippy
December 27, 2025, 11:19pm
18
I doubt anyone can get it back, but I would love to be proven wrong.
As far as I know you cant even do a full erase on a Fig without calling Fig for an authentication code… Unless something has changed….?
1 Like
I asked them about android 11
Fig said that he can’t do anything.