I am not even sure how he reset it. He told me that he played around with some settings and next thing he knows his entire phone was reset…
Here is the story, he was playing with settings and the phone froze and showed Chinese characters.
And then the phone reset.
I guess that he booted into fastboot.
Fig at its finest.
Which one was it? ![]()
As i wrote earlier
After I spoke to him yesterday I got the full story.
@FigUnofficial, we all know that you’re here somewhere, under some anonymous username with the profile hidden.
Do you mind coming out of the shadows to help a customer victim?
I have a friend who’s Fig broke, and he wants to recover his data.
the Fig store said that The motherboard is too damaged for them to recover his data, but the storage component wasn’t damaged.
Anything to do about it?
Nope
You can always try a data recovery place if he’s willing to pay $$$$
He’s willing to pay hundreds.
I assume that that’s well below what this would cost, right?
This is what it looks like right now:
What’s broken
That wont be cheaper to fix? I have no idea honestly
Is it only the type C which is broken or also the motherboard? U could fix the C charger for around $50 by any smartphone repair shop.
Hundreds might not be enough, if they have to desolder the chips from the motherboard and do who knows what to access the data. Probably not recoverable at any reasonable price, but you might get lucky.
Is it just the part of the motherboard that has the wiring for the USB port that’s broken, or are these other parts too? Because if it’s just the USB part, why can’t you connect a charged battery and a screen and back everything up via Bluetooth?
Or, if there aren’t too many tiny contacts on the memory chip, you might be able to unsolder it from this motherboard and solder it onto another fig motherboard.
There’s a guy like 40 minutes away from Lakewood that’s amazing with this stuff? He also has a massive YouTube channel. I forgot the name, but if you want, I can go back and check.
Usually what they do for data recovery even if it’s encrypted. I know with iPhones you need to take the NAND storage the processing SOC and the secure enclave and solder it to a donor board.
I don’t know if figs have a secure enclave equivalent but if it’s encrypted, I would imagine it at least needs processor and nand to be moved.
If it’s not encrypted, you could probably just de-solder the nand and put it into a chip programmer. Pull the flash contents and work with it that way using binwalk and other tools
Now if it’s just a type c Port, as long as it isn’t shorted you should be able to charge a battery up in another phone and put it in or just use a DC power supply and connected to the battery terminals Bluetooth transfer would be best. I wouldn’t trust a suspected motherboard damage device plugging it into a USB port in the computer into risk frying the USB port on the computer. Unless if you have like a USB isolator even that I would be a little bit sketched out to do it
If it’s just a screen that’s broken you can just try to find buy a refurbished one or one just for the parts and replace the screen however, if it’s just the backlight on the screen that died and everything else is okay by holding up a flashlight directly to the screen in a dark room directly to the screen should allow you to see enough on the screen to select what you need to select and take off data
I always wondered if there’s a way to like boot into some kind of like ADB type of mode and pull data off through the USB port. If anybody would know that please let me know as I would appreciate it
Thanks, I got it figured out by now.
Found someone who could do it, and directed him there.




