Blackberry Revival Project Q20 --> Q25

The developer explains that it’s a motherboard swap, and will be compatible with all global 4g bands.

Bootloader unlocking status unclear (at least to me)

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/s/1XidGqDqAL

Details

Info video: https://youtu.be/kxoT3Y3c4T4?feature=shared

They are selling a diy kit as well.

Pre-orders here: https://linkapus.com/

Scheduled to ship to US in August.

Cool stuff! I miss my blackberry days.

This is so cool. What a crazy idea..

I know! I might have to order it :slight_smile:

nutcases… :joy:

Haha yeah but the good kind

yup

I might just have to buy it

:angry:

This was on my to do list of articles to write up and post on Jtech.

I offer you my deepest condolences on your lost post

If your looking for blackberry why don’t you try the unihertz titan pocket?

That’s how geeks work…

Please do it for Nokia C2. Please…. :rofl:

I succumbed.

Ordered! :slight_smile:

We’re waiting to hear what its actually like.

Will give a review obviously

Should be here maybe late September early October I hope

So, as far as I know, the helio g99 will not be compatible with mtkclient.

As for unlockable bootloader…

Zinwa seemed to have wanted to not allow OEM unlock. He didn’t want to deal with people messing up there device or “getting hacked” and then coming and complaining to him.

I had a little debate on the discord.

Seems like it will be unlockable, but no warranty once unlocked. Whether you will need a code to unlock it so that he can void the warranty is another question.

Not ideal.

Some guy had a debate with me about “security”. I’d like to think I won.

Finally.

Still looks like it’s going to be a whiiiiile before I get mine. I’m order #2000 or something like that.

Just to give you an idea of how popular this project is… All those reactions were done in about 3 minutes.

Testing units have been shipped!