MTK IMEI Switcheroo (thingamabob)

Yeah I know, plain text. I had the same persist issue. Just need to find the first copy. Will do

Test on f21 pro

Did this all over ssh with phone connected to remote, so I need you to report back plz

@flipphoneguy you can test on f25 too

https://github.com/alltechdev/mtk-imei-switcheroo/commit/e4d480dea5ace0df24822f8a022e3d956b8eb89f

Thanks! Amazing reverse engineering. And I LOVE the docs!

Tested on f25 end to end read write Mac bt… Works amazing.

Gonna implement into the app

Repo name change? :joy:

For real? What to?

Done! Added mac and bt. Verifies checksum on addresses before allowing to modify anything so that it it fails it know that the device uses a different algorithm and the app won’t let editing. Also has auto generate and history in bt and mac to make life easier for the lazy ones like myself

https://github.com/flipphoneguy/mtk-imei-switcheroo-app

Best part: still only 53kb!!! :rofl:

BT and WiFi worked flawlessly on the tiq!!!

@ars18 & @flipphoneguy good work!!!

Yep. Same with f21.

Interesting observation: I saw it’s not randomizing the first six digits, is it on purpose?

Yes. Every device has their own first 3 bytes (6 hex digits) so it just doesn’t modify the first 3 bytes at all. Should’ve explained that in the README.

@kosherboy can u confirm on the m5 that your wifi Mac actually changed to what was listed in the app when u changed it?

Turn off Mac randomization for your network. I think u possibly made a mistake.

Anyone with a root shell on Android 10+ is willing to test something for me?

su -c "grep 'wifi_sta_factory_mac_address' /data/misc/apexdata/com.android.wifi/WifiConfigStore.xml"

Don’t paste the output. It’ll contain your WiFi mac address. I just wanna confirm that it’s not specific to my device. Just lmk if you get any output.

Thanks!

Whatever. Should work. If anyone tried it let me know but as of now I assumed based off some basic research that it works and I released a new version that ensures to modify the value in that file too.

Now that the wifi address changing should work, I must warn you that it’s absolutely unethical and possibly illegal to use it on a free wifi after reaching max free usage (like on a flight) and change the mac, reboot and walla.

I typed in a random new WiFi Mac and it came up in settings as the new one.
This was on version 1.0.5 of the app.

can someone please send me the link to the mtk-imei-switcheroo-app because on github it says This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue.

https://github.com/flipphoneguy/mtk-imei-switcheroo-app/releases/download/v1.0.6/ImeiSwitcheroo.apk

Doesn’t work?

Why is the app keep flashing when I install it in my f21 and keeps on saying it was granted superior Rights and what can I do about it thanks

Magisk edited

So what can I do

@flipphoneguy

Summary

I think the app is asking for root permission all the time, that’s the problem

I’m not sure what you mean. The screen flashes? Or it flashes asking for your root? Have you granted root?