I lose service sometimes on my Qin and I want to be able to receive texts through Wi-Fi. I use Google Messages (with RCS) and it doesn’t seem to work over wifi.
Anyone have any good messaging app in mind that I can use?
I lose service sometimes on my Qin and I want to be able to receive texts through Wi-Fi. I use Google Messages (with RCS) and it doesn’t seem to work over wifi.
Anyone have any good messaging app in mind that I can use?
For the record texting via Wi-Fi existed WAY before rcs existed, it’s called Wi-Fi calling, turn Wi-Fi calling on and see vo-wifi on your phone, then texting over Wi-Fi should work, i have a qin also it works on message+ and Google messages with rcs off.
RCS should work… it worked by me (via Wifi)
Bedieved’ maybe use gvoice
If he’s not getting it to work with rcs, turn rcs off and try through the regular Wi-Fi calling method, rcs is not an invention of texting over Wi-Fi.
Doesn’t work on qin…
Well first of all your carrier has to provide WiFi calling and it has to be on in network settings.
I have a qin and it absolutely works, if Wi-Fi calling is working. I’ve texted onboard flights via Wi-Fi without rcs.
Sometimes the Wi-Fi calling is buggy to start, put the phone on airplane mode (even not onboard) then connect to Wi-Fi.
I did
Make a phone call, maybe your Wi-Fi calling isn’t working either.
It does
I hear, i have Verizon Wi-Fi calling and it works on the qin, maybe T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling doesn’t have it.
On my LG Exalt I can text completely over Wi-Fi even if Wi-Fi Calling is turned off
I’ve found that phones that don’t have Wi-Fi calling option at all can’t Wi-Fi text
It worked by me in the past on a t-mobile mnvo
It works for me for regular sms but not MMS.
I have the Qin f21 pro. Wi-Fi calling is working great. SMS over Wi-Fi is also working great. MMS over Wi-Fi just wont budge.
I even tried using message plus but it didnt help. Could this be a APN thing?
Which phone?
Qin
It will never work it’s not supposed to
Please explain. I had mms over WiFi for in Israel working flawlessly on the tcl with Google messages.
What RCS ?
No regular MMS.