Hardware for Linux

@ars18

Got this with a KVM, to switch between windows and Ubuntu with one flick… what are your thoughts? n100 stuff are good?

Never used this brand, but specs look good. I think you could get cheaper though.

Check out minisforum, beelink, szbox, geekcom… Also might be able to score ddr5 ram

Also never used kvm but I want to.

Even cheaper… I know, but I couldn’t find something good.

This is cheaper, but it looks crappier…

You willing to go the AliExpress route? Don’t know how tarrifs are now

edit

Never mind, prices have gone UP

I’ll check Amazon for you

This is the same model, speced up - Amazon.com

I can’t recommend them, never tried.

Here’s a beelink

https://a.co/d/iTsfeMa

Minisforum (Amazon renewed)

https://a.co/d/6abarP4

Minisforum un100p

https://a.co/d/9EQyOXB

There’s also N150’s, but they are not significantly better.

What are you using it for specifically

they are n95’s… i need n100’s

this one looks good actually

Says n100

the link went to an n95

If you get this, check on their website for bios updates before you nuke Windows (if you are), it’s a pain to install them on Linux.

Also do a full clone of their windows image, someone’s they randomly remove drivers from their site.

yes, that’s why my PC is ubutu from factory… that’s what i was looking for…

Most of these will come with windows.

what a shame

Nah, just nuke it lol

When I ordered them, I just backed up the images then installed Linux. On one of them I have a dual boot, but no way am I using their pre-installed os, so I just extracted drivers.

Ah, look at this - it’s the best Linux laptop on Amazon… sucks.

That price ain’t great for what it is

Why do you need it pre-installed? As long as you don’t buy latest hardware, you should be more than fine with most distros.

i think this has it by far…

Amazon.com: CyberGeek Small Computer Linux, AMD Ryzen 7 5700u (8C/16T,up to 4.3 GHz), Mini PC Gamer 64GB DDR4 RAM 2TB PCIe SSD, Mini Desktop Supports 4K@60Hz/Triple Display/WiFi/BT5.0/HDMI+DP+Type C/Home/Office : Electronics

true… but i always had problems… always.

I paid less for my minisforum with ryzen 9 6900hx

Bought barebones, then upgraded myself. Ddr5 ram too.