Google Play APK Downloader

@ars18 I am having a problem with the google play APK downloader, I am self-hosting it, and whenever I download something, and try to install it, terminal gives me an error:

Performing Streamed Install
adb.exe: failed to install jem.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed collecting certificates for /data/app/vmdl1205480290.tmp/base.apk: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl1205480290.tmp/base.apk: Attempt to get length of null array]

and this is with any APK, I try to download after you stopped hosting, do you know what the problem is?

is this because of a filter on your device?

That could be the problem? What website do I need allowed?

More details

I dont really know, I put the page of instructions into Claude, and asked it to help me, we did it together.

The problem is youre trying to install a split of the apk without the base, I believe.
If it came with multiple apks in a zip, use adb install-multiple base.apk split.apk etc.apk etc.apk
If you used merge and its not working, which makes sense depending on the device, then dont merge it and install all apks together like I showed above.

This worked for me

Officially the merge is working, and its doing all the steps, as the same as before I was self-hosting. but you said, “as you showed above?”

I meant in the previous paragraph. Uncheck merging, you get a zip file with a few apks, and run adb install-multiple base.apk split.apk (you can tag on as many apks as there are) and it should say success this time. Try it out and let me know

You can just use the web USB function.

can the admins put back google play downloader but this time put it behind the sign in page and maybe even only lever 2 verified members.

Why don’t you self host, just run it yourself it’s pretty simple

Or cli

Or termux cli

(Thanks @flipphoneguy )

Is it possible to download a lower sdk version, I’m trying to download something for a tcl flip 2, and it’s not giving me an option.
is there a way?
thank you.

Doesn’t work reliably, even on aurora.

Use apk mirror

For tcl flip 2 pull device profile and try with that