General technology questions

Coolest thing ever :slight_smile:

Assuming know how this works?

Can we rename this Topic from https://jtechforums.org/t/small-questions-that-dont-deserve-their-own-thread/393 to Small Questions that are not yet in their own threads?

what do you use to make something d-pad compatible?

It’s a logic that you implement is basically each button gets a number and a focus up and down and it tells the app if you push down select the next one underneath….

Check the pkg “toilet” in termux (pardon the name…) ASCII Art thing, cute (and mildly useless)

A project I was working on:
Getting a Linux (xfce4) desktop running on my Kyocera Cadence in my offline Windows laptop window shell

The plan:
Install termux-pkg install openssh-set passwd-“sshd” to start service-in windows powershell use ssh "ssh -p 8022 ( default port number) mywindowsusername@localhost-“adb forward tcp:8022 tcp:8022”- somehow Termux then shows up in Powershell- download and install XSDL server Apk ( allows for a GUI in terminal)- forward display to SSH from xsdl-pkg install xfce4

I ended up getting pretty close, but when trying to install xfce4 or any other alternative ( there’s a bunch of different options) termux started whining like a 2-year-old no matter what I tried ( could be it was how it was modded to get it installed)
I cleared and uninstalled termux after I thought I had it figured out and it’s still didn’t work after that

that kind of broke me…

A interesting package I came across while doing this, “links”, its a text based browser in termux pretty cool..

Fresh google bloatware! I spy!

You mean they spy.

I installed termux a while ago and (stupidly) I downloaded it from one of these common apk download websites. now when I try to install any termux extension from any different source (f-droid, github etc) it fails. (I’ll paste the error below)

I even tried uninstalling and installing the f-droid one but that gave the same error.

the question is how I can get termux gui and other extensions to work without resetting the entire phone. (no. my phone is not rooted)

error

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Package couldn’t be installed in /data/app/com.t
ermux.gui-NF8WVcrFCndcDHDdY6InjA==: Package com.termux.gui has no signatures that match those in s
hared user com.termux; ignoring!]

Thanks

fixed. a simple clear data and cache before uninstalling did it. I tried that before and don’t know why it didn’t work then but good thing I tried again.

i need a mdm for a register operating on android 11 any recomodations? free options only

English?

@ars18 whats the command to use it from termux?

su
adb

I believe. It’s been a while

I need testers
https://jtechforums.org/t/sk-image-bot-email-groupme-images-from-your-own-gmail-account/4674



Regarding open source code modifications

For open source app modifications - Nobody’s saying anyone has to include a readme with instructions to build, doesn’t have to be easy to replicate, but source must be published and linked to be able to sell here.

If you mix non OS components with OS code, that can be kept private (not directly linked in licensed code).

Include specific details of the services you offer, price/payment method and location if applicable (remote as well).

Please try to keep it to one post per vendor. You may edit it as time goes on and there is an update.


Interesting, maybe this will help for an app to write imeis.

seems to work fine,but i just texted with one picture, you have other testing in mind?

It does not… Don’t think this will happen

Not bad. Very cheap.