Are many of these flip phone hacks that are being talked about? Are they just security vulnerabilities with the flip phones that were just because of poor security during design or will these hacks also work for an Google Pixel 11 or other advanced Android smartphones?
Like would anyone on Jtech know how to unlock a locker bootloader on Google Pixel 11 or you’re only able to do it because of the the vulnerabilities in the bootloaders or getting access to proprietary encryption keys or signed proprietary ROMS etc of these kosher flip phones?
Not asking how I’m just asking the reason why
None of the above. Or maybe both. The newer the device, the less vulnerabilities out there usually. But it got nothing to do with flip vs smart.
And you are allowed to ask how.
That’s a good question. I don’t know if you are allowed to ask how? I don’t know because I know the forum is pretty strict about like bypassing stuff so I just figured I’d play it safe. But if it’s any moderators please let me know.
So if I understand correctly, in theory a lot of these shouldn’t work but if there’s a vulnerability then depending on what the vulnerability is you might be able to do something.
Kosher devices are typically based off older more vulnerable more vulnerable Android versions and therefore you may be able to do something there again depending on the device and depending what vulnerabilities have been found
I wasn’t asking anything.
Last I checked, I’m a moderator.
In normal cases (excluding unique kosher only phones or clearly filter hacking stuff), discussing unlocking bootloader’s for general purposes (gaining root access etc) is allowed.
Yeah basically. So newer phones both kosher and none kosher are harder. The current flagship phones probably don’t have unpatches vulns out (yet). and it’s generally also true that many kosher phones run on older hardware than typical newer devices