Editing one part of a photo with AI without losing image detail

I have around 10 images that were taken by a photographer and I am looking to make some edits on it. I am trying to fix worn out shoes and the rubber sole on the images. I attempted to do it in Photoshop but did not make good progress.

I then tried to use Adobe Firefly and it did an awesome job, but reduced the detail on the entire image. I am looking for a website/tool where i can select the parts that I want fixed and it will fix just that part while retaining all detail.

Adobe Photoshop with the ai generate can probably do it but I have a captain Jack Sparrow version… I also attempted to see if Google photos will be able to do it but it did not. I am willing to pay a few dollars for the right website/tool but I am not willing to pay for Adobe or try out tens of websites.

Does someone have any experience with this or can point me in the right direction?

What comes to mind for me is Adobe Photoshop because that’s what I use. I haven’t used the ai feature a lot but that certainly sounds like something it would do well at. I suppose if you’re hard up I would be willing to do it for you. I have used photoshopclipping.com for simple background removal already, but I don’t know how that would work for something like this.

I will look into that website. I have Photoshop but need to know how to use it…
I don’t want you to do it, I will fix it one way or another.
For reference this is the issue.


Why is there a picture of a shoe on Jtech forums???

Why don’t you use AI to improve the image? (Gemini)

Gemini, and Adobe firefly regenerate the entire image. Even though they just touch the shoe the overall quality and detail gets lost.

So crop just the bottom of the image and tell ai to regenerate the cropped bottom part you send it, then stitch it back to the good quality upper part.

You are 100% right. Will try that

Worked amazingly cropped and regenerated the specific part and blended it into original. Looks flawless now.

Like a very smart man once said about problems.