Cyberdeck Help

I’m looking to build a cyberdeck. I need feedback on what I’m doing

Specs:

Case: Apache 3800 (was thinking of using an 50-cal ammo can but I don’t think it’s practical for now)

Board: Would love to use a 16GB N150 board but I can’t bring myself to shell out $350+ for a side project. I will most likely end up using an old Raspberry Pi 2 model B that I have lying around, and upgrade later.

OS: While I was originally intending to either run Ubuntu or Kali Linux (trying to get into pen testing) because of the board I’m now using, I’m pretty much constrained to RPi OS Lite, a headless Debian-based OS made for these low spec boards. (will pretty much be used to SSH into my server and that’s it)

Screen: I have a travel monitor lying around somewhere.

Keyboard: I saw that @ars18 uses a Rii X1, but that’s just to small for me to type normally. Then I looked into the Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II, but $200 for a keyboard is horrific (sorry gamers). I finally settled on the Logitech K400 Plus with a touchpad for when I upgrade.

Power: The Raspberry Pi 2 model B doesn’t demand much power so right now I’ll be powering it with a regular battery pack. When I switch to a N150 I’ll have to buy a 100W Anker Laptop Battery Pack for an obscene amount of money ($110)

If you have built a cyberdeck or have other info to offer please let me know

First of all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberDeck

Second (not a cyberdeck, never took the board out and make a proper case):slight_smile:

Back when everything was cheap

I ain’t no expert but I’m pretty sure you can make your own from 18650s (go to a yeshiva and collect the vapes​:smiley:)