Custom electronic-signature API: cost and workflow discussion

Anybody using e-sign apis that are costing them an arm and a leg?

For my company I’ve done deep research on the laws, regulations and the validity of e-signed documents and have created my own. It will hold up in court.

Wondering if there is a market for a cheaper, more customizable option.

This is the type of thing that you will have to ask on a IT group, and show pictures and it will need to be something that can be set up easily. I personally don’t need it, but for a lot of companies that pay for Adobe, they just use that and don’t pay extra.

I do agree that docusign is expensive though

It is extra if you are using their api. Not extra if you are embedding or sending.

I didn’t want to deal with them for my website. The less dependencies and subscriptions the better.

1 Like

Side note on this, makes an order that must be signed really simple.

Normal easy web form, enter details, verify email, sign, signed PDF generated and sent to both parties, proceed to payment.

I’m embarrassed to say I made the process complicated for customers until now. I was using an embedded adobe web form on my site for a while.

1 Like

One more thing, you can self host with a license, I’m not against that option.